On A Mission

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Well On My Way

No, not the song... though I do enjoy it thoroughly. I'm very happy to say that I'm over half way there on the finances as of yesterday. :) That has basically been the only thing left to worry about in relation to this little excursion of mine, but I am very much certain that God will bring those remaining funds to the surface soon enough. It's crazy that so much of that money has come from people who have no clue who I am. Kristen has really done a great job of helping me out with all the finances, and I'm VERY VERY VERY grateful to her for her time and effort. It almost makes me regret being so hard on her when she was down with our group... but not quite. haha.

I also have been starting to do the oh so fun task of telling everyone that I know up here that I'm going to be leaving at the end of this month. I finally talked to Jared (my roommate) about it last night, and have also told a few other people from work (just not my boss yet) about it as well. Overall, I think that people are/will be ok with it. Jared didn't seem to heartbroken by the fact that I won't be there.... though I think the main reason he'd be sad is because I'm the one who makes dinner. haha. But, I'm finding people to be pretty supportive (and maybe jealous?) of the opportunity that I've decided to take advantage of. I'm anxious to see how Justin (the friend who got me this job, and the possibility to move to the other one) will react to my decision.

As I've been thinking about the reality of me going down to Honduras for those two months, I'm pretty certain that I am in need of some real prayers before I go, and will need then while I'm there. I just want to be sure that my heart is right where it needs to be to embark on something like this. I want to be everything that God wants me to be down there, and to be used in the way which will honor Him most. The problem is that I'm not really certain of what that is. I could just really use some prayers for me to see where God is wanting to use me down there and for me to be TOTALLY willing to be used in whatever way He deems best. I just don't want to waste anything when I go down there... not other people's money that help send me, or other people's time and energy down there. I just want to be what God wants me to be.... and I would sure love to know exactly what that is.

As always, though, keep the ones already living down in that unforgetable country in your continual prayers. Keep praying that those papers get totally completed so that they can start changing some childrens' lives... at their own children's home. Also keep in mind their spirits as they are always away from home and those they love.

3 Comments:

  • just wanted to remind you that i love you brother...and i appreciate your prayers and your kind words always.

    By Blogger Jen, at 5/12/2006 1:56 AM  

  • I too, love you! Praise God for the $$$ coming in! and...I'm continually on your prayer requests my friend. Many blessings.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/15/2006 4:26 PM  

  • Hey Jeff, just wanted to let you know that Ive been praying for this decision since you made it. I know you will find your path once you are there and you will serve God mightily for 3 months just as you do during the 1 and 2 week trips. If nothing else, your exhuberance and enthusiasm will be a refresher for the masses on the bus rides. You have a lot to give, and I have no doubt you will give it ALL while your there.
    Love you brother
    Mark
    p.s. dont forget to save some children for me down there!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/19/2006 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home