On A Mission

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Yes, It's Really Happening

No, you're not imagining anything. I really do have this blog now, but let me start out by saying that I created this entire blog simply because I felt left out that some people had hyperlinks when they posted comments on other people's blog and I didn't. Haha. In any event, I'm not much of a writer (though I certainly have the time) at all. So I don't expect too many posts from me on here... unless I get A) Very inspired, or B) Very bored. lol. I think you should be able to see which it is when you read it.

I guess that I should probably go ahead and explain the title of my blog a little bit, huh? Basically, I'm on a mission much like many people I'm sure. Have you ever felt like you're suppose to be doing something at this very time in your life other than what you are doing... but at the same time having no clue what is it? Feeling like your all dressed up for a party with no directions on where to go? Well, that would basically encompass how I have felt for quite a while now. I would compare it to a sprinter on the blocks right before the starting shot is fired. He's ready to run, and hard; as fast as he can. But the problem here is that there doesn't seem to be a lane. He can't see where he needs to run once the gun goes off.... and what's more, he has no clue when the gun will go off. So he sits on his blocks waiting... and waiting... and waiting. After a while, he'll relax more and more; just getting use to being on the blocks since it seems like the opportunity to run will never come. Every once in a while, he'll remember that there's a race about to begin and he'll get poised in readiness for the shot, but then the possibility fades and once again, he starts to slouch. It feels like you've prepared yourself for so long to be of service, but just can't seem to find where you're intended to serve. You pray for big neon signs to show you the way, and hope that one will finally turn on and light up the whole sky. Now I'm not exactly what you would call a "risk taker" by any stretch of the imagination (though I have been known to do something stupid every once in a while). So sometimes I wonder maybe after being on the blocks so long and having the security of not having to commit to anything whole-heartedly, I am too afraid to really put myself out there. Perhaps I am freezing up when the gun is fired instead of bursting ahead at full speed. I guess time will show.

1 Comments:

  • well the brother has a blog now...you have moved up in the world huh??!!! :)

    i hear all of what you're saying here...and you know what's funny is that even after God has given you a place to serve you start questioning if this is the right place, if there is something more you should be doing, etc.

    as of late i'm wondering if we don't all feel this ache to make a difference, (assuming a relationship with God to be a factor) an ache to be part of a change in the world, no matter where we are until we get to go Home.

    as always i'm praying with and for your heart to serve. you are one of the best dudes i know and I'm honored to call you my brother!

    By Blogger Jen, at 4/28/2006 11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home